Leading architect "Lync'd" to mystery Unified Comms start-up
The New Year brings new speculation regarding mystery Unified Communications business UCFX, with The Channel uncovering that Scott Maynard has been linked to the company.
Maynard, currently holding the position of Technology Consultant at HP, has been instrumental at a number of high-profile Enterprise Lync Voice rollouts across the country.
Previous work includes rollouts at sites including Massey University with Maynard currently working on the implementation of Lync at Auckland Council.
Along with the business card inadvertently left behind in an Auckland bar before Xmas, the news appears to confirm the view that the company will hold a firm focus on Microsoft Lync given Maynard’s credibility in the market.
It is also worth noting that Maynard and HP were earlier this year recognised as Microsoft NZ Communication Partner of the Year award for it's implementation of Microsoft Lync at Massey University.
A spokesperson for UCFX could not be reached for comment at this time.
A timeline of events:
• November 4 - Deane Jessep leaves Polycom to co-found a new specialist consulting integrator focused on the Unified Communications market. Click here to read more.
• November 7 - Former Microsoft man Brent Colbert linked to a role within the mystery business. Click here to read more.
• December 4 - Unified Communications specialist Jackie Diep is also linked to the new start-up. Click here to read more.
• December 17 - A business card found in a leading IT Industry hangout inadvertently confirms the company name and logo of the rumoured Unified Communications integrator. Click here to read more.
• January 20 - HP stalwart Scott Maynard has now been linked to the company. Click here to read more.